Re: How to read ecos docs given in sgml-format

Hi Bob

I have a little comment on your remark regarding SGML format used by
eCos documentation (AKA DocBook).

On 15.01.2014 18:59, Bob Brusa wrote:

> I could not find an alternative to the above (mean - converting sgml
> to a pdf - sgml in a text editor or browser is ugly). It seems, no
> reasonable reader exists for the sgml format. This lets me wunder why
> the documentation is presented in this now arcane format. Why not
> include these files as open data text (odt) as used by e. g. OpenOffice?

It may look arcane to you, but it's widely used ref: http://docbook.org
(though it would have been better if it was XML version).
I would encourage you to try editing some eCos doc page (or even produce
your own). It's not so hard, and you'll see the first advantage vs some
kind of Office - you can use your favourite text editor. Other advantage
is ability for versioning with common version control system. You'll
discover more once you try it.

Regards

Ilija