Re: SDHC support. [Was Re: AW: Fwd: New features required on Cortex-M platform]

Hello Ilija,

> 3) SD bus support. I know that I can use SD card in SPI mode but on some
>>> board like STM32F4DISCOVERY SD card i only available on SD bus.
>>> It's high time to add this miss part of system.
>> - SD card interface. Unfortunately this is very processor specific. Each
>> Microcontroller has its own IP for accessing SD card.
>> But only low level SD bus driver. Upper layer for MMC/SD card is common.
>
> This is MMC/SD disk driver for Freescale Kinetis and iMX.
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/ecosfreescale/files/devs/SDHC/
> Upper layer (based on SPI MMC driver) and HW dependent (Freescale) parts
> are placed in separate packages.
>
> Jerzy, can you see if STM support can be added?
After first look I seems that yes.
IMHO it's required some code re-factoring i.e. :
1) CYGPKG_DEVS_DISK_MMC_SDHC should be pushed into CYGPKG_DEVS_DISK_MMC
package as a component similar to CYGPKG_DEVS_DISK_MMC_SPI component.
2) Using Freescale middle layer (sdhc.c) from platform specific
package and pushing it to generic
part. The aim of this layer is support for SDHC transaction what is generic.
3) And we should provide low level platform specific driver for SD bus
not as Freescale in
/devs/disk/mmc/sdhc/ but create new place /devs/sd/cortexm/stm similar
to /devs/spi/cortexm/stm
with simliar functionality i.e. xfer function supporting poling and DMA mode.
4) Regarding license most of code in platform specific part is a Freescale code.
Can we use it?

Best regards,
jerzy