Re: eCos installation instructions

Michael

On 05/10/15 17:22, Michael W. Ellis wrote:

> Following the instructions on
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/cygwin.html I have downloaded and
> launched the 32-bit version of the Cygwin installer.  The
> instructions then say to install the following packages:
>
> gcc4 - see below
> libexpat1 - found under Libs
> libmpc1 - see below
> make - found under Devel
> patch - found under Devel
> sharutils - found in Archive
> tcl - found under Interpreters
> wget - found under Web
>
> Searching for gcc4 yields no results.  Searching for gcc vields
> many results (cygwin64-gcc-*, gcc-*, mingw64-i686-gcc*,
> mingw64-x86_64-gcc-*) under the Devel category, and libgcc1
> under the Libs category.  What is the appropriate choice for
> gcc4?  I assume that these are different toolchain options but
> I have no idea whether eCos requires a particular choice.
>
> The library libmcp1 was not found.  Searching for libmpc yielded
> libmpc3 - am I to assume that this is an appropriate substitution?

It looks like the Cygwin gcc4 and libmpc1 packages have been withdrawn.
I suggest you try the gcc-core and libmpc3 packages instead. You may
need to create /bin/cygmpc-1.dll as a symbolic link to /bin/cygmpc-3.dll
in order to satisfy the dependencies of the eCos toolchains. Does this
work for you?

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer
http://www.dallaway.org.uk/john