Re: Re: is eCos dying?

On 06/10/15 08:51, Richard Rauch wrote:
Additionally I need to say, that you will be thwarted, if you try to offer
commercial activities as well.
Not by eCosCentric and there are other commercial entities which offer various activities w.r.t. eCos.

  If you are not absolutely carefully about
usage of eCos name and logo, you will get some letters from eCosCentric's
lawyer!
Like most other sensible companies, we only involve lawyers as a last resort when emails, letters and registered letters sent over several weeks get ignored and there is no other option. And of course when lawyers get involved....

If it makes you feel any better, eCosCentric also have had contributions turned down by maintainers (not for technical or quality reasons I should add :-). However, we also have had a fair amount accepted, but certainly not through coercion or control as you suggest.

-- Alex Schuilenburg
http://www.ecoscentric.com/