Re: Re: is eCos dying?

I would ask if the maintainers are still actively involved in the project. Are contributions being made by them, or anyone else, and if so, are they being discussed, reviewed, and committed? Is the documentation up to date? Would a person who finds the project on the Internet be assured by the state of what is there to want to invest the time and effort to try to learn and master the details of it? Would a developer be willing to stake his reputation by bringing the project to his group for use on their new device?

If the answer is "no" to most of these questions, then an open-source project is dead.

At that point, if there is anyone else who still cares about it, then it's probably time for a fork or for the maintainers to hand the keys over.

Frank