Re: Re: eCos Configuration Tool clewan and rebuild

On 16/06/16 22:41, Grant Edwards wrote:
> [...]
> Ah. I don't know what exactly what the GUI does when you tell it to
> "clean". It might just do a "make clean",

That is exactly what it does.

> or it might remove everything except the .ecc file and do an
> "ecosconfig tree". BTW: I've been assuming you're doing development on
> a *nix host. If you're doing it under Windows+Cywgin, pretty much all
> the advise applies, but you end up with a whole extra layer of
> possible issues with Cygwin.

The anoncvs version of GUI configtool is broken when it comes to
dependencies, the handling of templates, and even creating a new target
configuration.  In fact the ordering of the appearance of dependencies
within CDL could change the configuration you ended up with as a result
of the way that the anoncvs GUI configtool resolves dependencies.

Using anoncvs ecosconfig is the better solution as you state, but it too
has issues with dependencies so you are recommended to "make clean",
"ecosconfig tree", and "make" to ensure everything is built from the
correct headers and makefiles.

FWIW, the issues with these tools have been been resolved within the
eCosPro host tools since eCosPro 3.1.X (including dropping cygwin
entirely) and the GUI configtool has become very useful but
unfortunately these changes have not made their way back into anoncvs.

-- Alex
http://www.ecoscentric.com/             The eCos Experts