Re: AW: Re: eCos Configuration Tool clewan and rebuild

On 17/06/16 05:05, Richard Rauch wrote:
> There is one issue maybe. When we are changing major things in our eCos
> configuration, we delete the complete build tree folders with file system.
> Then the config tool is forced to rebuild everything.
> The folders are somehow named like .\.......build and .\....install\. They
> are located relative to your path, where the .ecc file is.
These are created <basename>_install and <basename>_build where
<basename> is the base name of the saved .ecc file.

Yes, when using the anoncvs GUI configtool the safest method when
changing configurations is to delete all and rebuild.

However, the anoncvs GUI configtool has a subtle major flaw when
creating a configuration by selecting a target that is not the default.
All new target configurations are created against the current target and
template (often default target and "default" template), and switched to
the new target (and/or template).  If you have two similar but distinct
targets you could end up with conflicts that the anoncvs GUI tool cannot
resolve automatically.  Even creating a new configuration for the
default target can and often does result in a slightly different
configuration (but entirely valid) to that created by ecosconfig.

If you are using the anoncvs tools, the safest way to create a new
configuration is to use "ecosconfig" - it is the tool that almost all
eCos maintainers outside eCosCentric use.

eCosPro users should upgrade to version 3.1.10 of the Host Tools which
exhibit none of the anoncvs host tools issues - new configurations
created by both tools are identical - and use the "File->New Target"
functionality illustrated in
http://www.ecoscentric.com/ecospro/doc/html/user-guide/using-configtool-windows-linux.html

-- Alex
http://www.ecoscentric.com/             The eCos Experts