Re: RedBoot Support for IBM 440GP

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 13:58, Aman wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am newbie to Redboot. Currently I am working on IBM PowerPPC 440GP. I
> wanted to know whether RedBoot supports this Processor. If so can you tell
> the site from where I can download the image. If it is not supported , is it
> possible to develop the Redboot for IBM PowerPPC 440GP, for that what all
> measure has to be taken.

There is currently no support in eCos (RedBoot) for the PPC 440GP.  The
basic framework for the 4xx family of processors is in place, but a lot
of work would be needed to complete this.

You could develop this, implementing the HAL for the 440GP and providing
platform support.  If you want to do this yourself, considerable
information is available at:
  http://sources.redhat.com/fom-serv/ecos/cache/6.html

Alternately, eCosCentric [and others] are available for such tasks,
providing commercial support for eCos/RedBoot.  Please contact us
directly if you'd like to pursue this possibility.

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |