Re: eCos booting problem

Questions such as these should be directed to the eCos discussion list.
"ecos-maintainers" is for licensing and distribution issues.

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 05:25, Amit Chaudhary wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to boot eCos as stand alone on i386 pc target.
> I compiled source of eCos for RAM STARTUP and then complied my simple
> hello world
> program hello.c given below:
>
> main()
> {
>   printf("Hello eCos World!\n");
>   return 0;
> }
>
> The output generated was a.out in ELF format.
> I was using one kind of Boot Loader which can load ELF file & execute
> it.But everytime my pc got restarted.
>
> Tell me how can I boot eCos kernel and what kind of loaders i have to
> use.
> I want to build a image of kernel which can be booted stand alone on pc
> target.
>

> Thanks and Regds,
> Amit
>
> ----
>

> **************************Disclaimer**************************************************
>
>  Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited is 'privileged'
> and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
> addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of the information
> contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |