Re: FWD: SNTP client package

> It looks reasonable to me.  Feel free to check in in - trunk only.
> I assume that you [Ascom] wrote it yourself?

Yep, i wrote it.

> Also, I'd like to test it.

Great. Do you have a big endian system? I only have little endian.

There is a lot of documentation at www.ntp.org

I run debian. They ship two ntp server packages. These are ntp-simple
and ntp-refclock. If you have network access, use ntp-simple and add a
server x.x.x.x line to ntp.conf. You can find public servers at
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock2a.html.

If you don't have access to a server, you need ntp-refclock. You can
then use a reference clock connected to your computer. The simplest,
and least accurate, is to use the built in clock set to wallclock
time. To do that you need to add a line server 127.127.1.1 to the
configuration.

You then need to configure it to send out broadcasts. You do this per
interface by adding a line broadcast 192.168.9.255, where the IP
address is the IP broadcast address. I found it did not start
broadcasting imeadiately. I think it waits until its got a degree of
synchronization to the source clock. Use tcpdump to see if its doing
anything. Once its running, you should see a broadcast every 64
seconds.

The test program in the packet will then run and should pass.

    Andrew