Re: Wanted: interviewee for swedish journalist

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 02:58:07PM +0100, "Tångring, Jan" wrote:
> I am a reporter on a swedish electronics news paper, I would like to
> interview some person knowledgeble on the current status on ecos and
> its usage.

Probably Alex can give you the marketing information about eCos usage
in the Market place. CC'ed

As for the current status: Very soon 2.0Beta will be released. This
will very quickly lead to 2.0 final. This is set to replace the very
old 1.3.1 release. Not that people are recommended to uses
1.3.1. Instead we recommend people to use the AnonCvs version which
has had lots of development work and bug fixes since 1.3.1 was
released by RedHat.

> Preferrably someone close to my own timezone. Also as soon as
> possible (I did a search on ".se" on the discussion mailing list, to
> find even a swede, but that didn't work out)

Well most of the maintainers are in Europe.

> Sorry to disturb you with a perhaps not development related issue,
> but I looked around at sources.redhat.com/ecos for some "press" link
> or something, but I didnt find it.

The OpenSource community of eCos does not really have dealing with the
press. Its more the commercial organisations which support eCos that
do that sort of thing. Try looking towards www.eCosCentric.com and
www.mind.be etc...

> My questions are general:
>
> o any interesting users lately using ecos for real products? Swedish/nordic examples are particularly interesting.

You probably want to email to ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com to find
users.

       Andrew