Re: SNMP for FreeBSD

Andrew Lunn wrote:

c) A rationale for including the patch in the 2.0 final release.

Currently the branch only supports SNMP with the OpenBSD stack. This
is no longer the default stack for 2.0b1. FreeBSD should become the
stack everyone uses, but if people want SNMP they are forced to use
the old stack. This patch touches the two snmp packages only. It does
have the risk of breaking the OpenBSD support for snmp :-(

This is a highly desirable patch as it gets rid of a long-standing issue, and Andrew has tested it, and Ascom have used the stack far more than any other user anyway! I would very much like to have it, although I can see why it wouldn't be considered "critical". So I'll leave it to John to make a final decision.