Re: [ECOS] eCOS 2.0 install vs CVS checkout

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 09:20, Tim michals wrote:
> Gary,
>
> Sorry for the direct email, also maybe I should
> include Jonathan, but I have  several issues:
> - Need to release another IDT BSP ASP, should I go and
> create a epk based on the new directory structure, to
> help speed up the release process?
> - Need to reply to IDT email about ROM support and
> sumbit other fixes.  Should these use the 2.0 branch

Actually, these are "eCos maintainer" questions, so I've
copied that list.

nd use the new directory structure?

> Also, is the new structure using the current and
> 2_0b1?

The 2_0b1 only occurs in a released branch.  CVS uses "current"
everywhere - trunk, branches, etc.

If you really want to make something relative to the branch, then
do it like this:
 * Check out the 2.0 branch
      cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at sources dot redhat dot com:/cvs/ecos co -r ecos-v2_0-branch ecos-full
 * Make your patches &/or .epk relative to this

These will be much easier to merge/include in the main tree.

Normally, we want to see patches against the trunk.  If they
belong in a branch, there is an internal approval process for
this where we look at the changes and then merge them as appropriate
from the trunk to the branch.