Re: ecos.sourceware.org and mailing list request

Jonathan Larmour <jifl@jifvik.org> writes:

> Sorry to be a pain but it needs a couple of fixes. To ensure
> consistent use of the name, we'd need the faq-o-matic and mailing list
> archives to be available there. This should just be a case of adding
> the following lines inside the VirtualHost block for
> ecos.sourceware.org (inspired by other configs there):
>
>    RedirectMatch permanent ^/ml/$  http://ecos.sourceware.org/intouch.html
>    RedirectMatch permanent ^/ml$   http://ecos.sourceware.org/intouch.html
>    Alias       /ml/        /var/www/sourceware/ml/
>    Alias       /fom-serv/  /sourceware/faq-o-matic/fom-serv/
>    Alias       /htdig/     /var/www/sourceware/htdocs/htdig/
>    Alias       /img/       /var/www/sourceware/htdocs/img/
>    AliasMatch  ^/ecos/(.*) /var/www/sourceware/htdocs/ecos/$1
>    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/   /var/www/sourceware/cgi-bin/
>    ScriptAlias /fom/       /sourceware/faq-o-matic/cgi-bin/

I did this.  Of course, now the book cover on the main page doesn't
work, because img/... gets redirected to the upper level img
directory.  You'll have to decide how you want to fix that.

> Also since it seems peopled have now resolved to separate out the logs
> to a CustomLog for each virtual host, that could be done too.

Done.  Logs now go to ecos-combined_log and ecos-error_log in
/var/log/httpd.

Ian