Re: Patch policy

Jonathan Larmour wrote:
And BTW, I believe you have to acknowledge trademarks by their owners. I don't think you can get away with "All registered Trade Marks are the property of their owners" anymore. Std practice though is to be told of the infringement so you have the opportunity to put things right. Just to be safe and proper, I do suggest you should put in a legal disclaimer.

I've done so by editting the footer, although it appears to be global to the site, not just the front page. If you have a better idea please say (or just go ahead and do as far as I'm concerned). e.g. if you know how to add whole new pages to bugzilla.

As I said, if you unknowingly infringe on trademark etc, you have to be given the opportunity to put it right. So rather than clutter all the pages with Red Hat, I moved the reference out of the std footer and simply put a link to a new trademark page from the front page (Legal Statement). This is just a simple page listing trademarks as well as the "coverall" statement to catch any remainders.

Source is in place so you can add/edit/make pretty as appropriate.
-- Alex