eCos bitrot

Hi Dudes

The eCosCentric test farm is making pretty good progress, most of it is not visible yet unfortunately (yes, my fault, I am kept occupied on other trivial but necessary stuff).

Anyway, here is a brief update:
* We are building perms and tests for various targets
* We are running automated tests for those targets
* Results are in raw log files which are easily turned into HTML,
  including summaries, although we are not wasting time tidying this as
  we are going for the final result: logging the results in the
  database.

The results so far for anoncvs have been very interesting:

Builds
------
*  1 perm now fails to configure
* 11 perms will no longer build
*  3 perms produce errors building tests (make tests error)
* *all* perms produce build warnings

Tests
-----
So far we have only put in the EBSA targets (courtesy ASCOM) as the other targets need work: For e.g. PID:- Need RedBoot in EPROM and we don't have a suitable programmer; PLC2 and LAKI:- need to get platform specific code and permission from ASCOM;

The EBSA has around a 90-95% pass rate for the tests that actually build, which is not bad considering. All are timeouts (cache1, kcache1, etc). We (eCosCentric) are looking into these. I hope to have the build and test result display working within a week or so. We can make the raw results available if anyone wants to jump the gun and fix the problems before the result pages are displayed - just let me know.

Jld is putting in some additional targets this afternoon and we should be up to 5-10% of the size the farm was at Red Hat shortly :-) We need to extract the serial port terminal server from Bart and get that working to get more targets in place, although we are no longer restricted to requiring a serial port to determine reset OK.

Summary
-------
On the whole, we are pleased with the stability of the new farm. Results appear a lot more consistent (i.e. less noise and spurious/WFM-style errors) and we managed to run 4854 tests in a 24 hour period for a single platform. So a full cycle should take around 3-4 days insead of the usual 2 weeks.

We hope this will be a very useful resource for you and an extremely beneficial service for our customers.

Paul is the only one complaining as the rats have moved out the test farm and into his house because of the constant clacking ;-)

-- Alex