Re: ISO9660 support

    Jifl> Gary Thomas wrote:
    >> Gents,
    >>
    >> A long time ago (Dec 2001), Jesper was working on a contributed
    >> port for the Sega (IIRC) that included ISO9660 support in
    >> RedBoot. That never made it into the official tree, for legal
    >> reasons I believe. Does anyone know what happened there? Is
    >> there some way we can follow up on this and get the support put
    >> in?
    >>
    >> Just because it would be nice and also the remnants that are
    >> left make the code messy for little reason.

    Jifl> FYI I don't have the original contrib any more so I hope
    Jifl> someone else does. I believe part of the issue was that it
    Jifl> was added pretty much as a crude hack, rather than it being
    Jifl> legal issues (the rest of the dreamcast port was assigned
    Jifl> obviously). And there was no way to test it too as you
    Jifl> needed some special equipment IIRC. But Jesper will know so
    Jifl> I'll shut up :-).

I might still have the contrib somewhere, but a better place to look
is http://www.m17n.org/dodes/ecos/. That takes you to a CVS repository
containing
http://cvs.m17n.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/ecos/ecos/packages/fs/iso/?cvsroot=superh

You should also be aware that a dreamcast does not have an ordinary CD
drive. Instead it has a GD drive with ~1GB capacity. From another
website:

"A GD-ROM disk actually consits of two data regions, separated by a
data-less separator ring. The inner region contains a normal Yellow
Book CD-ROM track, and a Red Book CD-DA track. This region can be read
in any CD drive. The outer region (outside the separator ring) is the
high-density area which contains the actual game data (both files and
CD-DA audio)."

I don't know if that affected the ISO support, they may have supported
the inner region only.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect