Announcing eCos Test Farm Results

Hi All

As promised, the eCos test farm results are now being made available to all eCos maintainers. There is still a fair amount of work being done and we are not running on as many publically available platforms as we would like since resources are being concentrated on testing commercial projects, but you can get a flavour of what is to come at:
http://bugzilla.ecoscentric.com/tfq.cgi

You will need to login (Mark using RH email address, Gary using MLB and Andrew using ASCOM) in order to see the results since this is obviously one of our commercial add-ons so viewing of results will be limited to our customers, staff and the other maintainers. The system is integrated with bugzilla for obvious reasons, and you will also have a "Test Results" link in the bottom RHS of your eCos bugzilla pages when you are logged in.

Non-eCosCentric maintainers are also restricted to the public results as well as eCosCentric customers (who also can acccess their own platform results). That is, you do not have access to the half-dozen or so configuration pages from which perms are constructed, board configurations are altered, ordering of which perms are executed, when a test tarball is to be made, which platforms it is to run on, which tests to run/exclude etc. However, we will not be unreasonable so speak to an eCosCentric maintainer if you have specific requests. I truly hope you find this facility useful.

We have only a few public board results (around 23000+) in the farm from a two week old tarball created from anoncvs (known as the trunk) from vendors who have been good enough to loan or give us boards. Not all boards have been put in (e.g. PID, cerfcube, pc and laki) since they were not a high priority. Updating is also periodic (not automated until we create a formal update strategy).

Andrew - the ebsa285 tests were stalled while we tried to get multiple boards being used simultaneously and figured out how to test valid reset without a serial connection (we were limited by serial ports and our terminal server purchased off eBay is not working too well), so they should start catching up now.

There obviously is still a bit of work to do:
* Test result summary pages (i.e. totals of passes, failures, etc)
* Some tests are not being driven correctly (bad error reporting)
* XFAIL result
* Triggers/Alerts

As always, comments welcome. Lurkers are also invited to review the results by creating a bugzilla account and emailing me requesting access.

-- Alex