This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: FWD: Proposal: Keep codes compact with multiple interfaces
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com>
- To: Andrew Lunn <andrew dot lunn at ascom dot ch>
- Cc: eCos Maintainers <ecos-maintainers at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:36:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: FWD: Proposal: Keep codes compact with multiple interfaces
- References: <20030804095633.GD1771@biferten.ma.tech.ascom.ch>
Andrew Lunn wrote:
What's your opinion on this?
I've played with the patch a little and it builds OK with a few
different configurations and seems to work OK.
One side of the argument is "If its not broken don't fix it". For one
ethernet device it probably takes a little bit more memory.
The other side of the argument is, its more readable so more
maintainable. For multiple devices it probably takes a little less
Lost in the noise of the rest of the net stack I would say.
You might want to tell him some comments wouldn't go amiss tho ;).
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts
--[ "You can complain because roses have thorns, or you ]--
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine