This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: reset board automatically
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com>
- To: Jose Paul <jose at exorindia dot com>
- Cc: ecos-maintainers at sources dot redhat dot com,Ecos-Discuss <ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:10:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: reset board automatically
- References: <038f01c367d3$597a1800$e900a8c0@jose>
The maintainers list is not for general questions. Please use the
discussion list as per the CC (and remove the maintainers CC from any
Jose Paul wrote:
If we kill the GDB by windows kill command when it is connected to remote
the remote board doesn't reset and wait for new connection.
No, because you killed the program that would tell it to do that! Don't
use windows kill with GDB.
Is it possible to implement this in eCOS so that when the board loses it
with the GDB running in the PC it should reset itself and wait for new
Over serial, no. Over TCP maybe but you'd need to implement it. But why
not use the GDB kill command (not windows kill). As long as your program
hasn't fiddled with too much hardware that may be enough. Maybe.
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts
--[ "You can complain because roses have thorns, or you ]--
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine