Re: [RFC] lwip officially in ecos?

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 12:14:52PM +0300, Jani Monoses wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I'd like to ask the maintainers' opinion on putting lwIP in ecos CVS.

My opinion is that its a good idea. It complements the other two
stacks well and people do use it.

How actively is the base of lwIP being developed. One down side of
integrating it into eCos, is that new developments of the upstream
package take longer to get into the eCos version. As it is now, people
will import the latest version into there own trees rather than use a
potentially old version in eCos. What would be good is if you could
put some scripts into the eCos package which automagically updated the
eCos version with the latest from Savanna. It then becomes a case of
running the script and then the test cases before committing it to the
eCos repository. jffs2 works like this.

       Andrew