Re: a question about the microwindows API of microwindows

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 23:50, b8944004 wrote:
> Hi:
>   I write a application with the microwindows API(like Win32 API) for
> the Microwindows. When I compile it ,the gcc show a lot of errers such as
> "undefined reference to xxxx" (xxxx is some function of microwindows API).
> I find the installation directory has no library of the microwindows API and
> the CDL file of the microwindows doesn't include anything about microwindows
> API.
>

> the step I make install directory:
>

>    ecosconfig new ipaq net
>    ecosconfig add mw
>    ecosconfig tree
>    make
>

> some information as fallow:
>

>    /work2/services/gfx/mw/v2_0/src:
>        demos  drivers  ecos  engine  fonts  nanox
>                                                    ^^^^^^
>                                                   no mwin???
> How could I solve the problem ?
> Does the microwindows on the eCos not support the microwindows API?

It looks like we've never tried to build the mwin part of MicroWindows.
AFAIK, only the nano-X layer and associated applications, like the
nanowm (window manager), have been ported.

Of course you are free to improve this situation.  If you choose to
port the code, it would be nice if you could share the results as well.

Thanks & good luck to you.

n.b. If you have questions or problems, I'm sure that someone on this
list will try to help.  However, good answers come from good questions,
so be sure and provide sufficient detail.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates