This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
info on booting directly from the flash bios on i386 platform
- From: "theoharis tsenis" <ttsenis at lycos dot com>
- To: ecos-maintainers at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 13:30:45 -0500
- Subject: info on booting directly from the flash bios on i386 platform
- Organization: Lycos Mail (http://www.mail.lycos.com:80)
- Reply-to: ttsenis at lycos dot com
i currently develop a program where i will use compatibles i386 PCs. Although everything works fine under floppy (booting the redboot , calling my program) when i use the redboot_ROM.ecm the configure compiles with out evetually running. To be more precise i need a media-free (floppy-HD) target. In addition my target has an 40000h size flash with top boot sector at 3C000h. The compilation produces an 64k bin. I can clearly see at the bottom of the bin the romboot.img . What i did in order to allign the reset vectors of the CPU with the redboot.bin, is to copy paste the 64k redboot.bin into 00000h-ffffh, 10000h-1ffffh, 20000h-2ffffh, 30000h-3ffffh. But nothing works. Can you advice me because i can not find anyone familiar with the ROM-i386 platform. (maybe on the last call to the MBR from the bios to put a jmp into the romboot.img?)
Get advanced SPAM filtering on Webmail or POP Mail ... Get Lycos Mail!