This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Does this license look familiar?
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com>
- To: Alex Schuilenburg <alexs at ecoscentric dot com>
- Cc: ecos-maintainers at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 13:19:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: Does this license look familiar?
- References: <3F83D2D7.email@example.com>
Alex Schuilenburg wrote:
The wording has been changed slightly in places so they talk in more
general terms and they talk about executables rather than "works" (which
IMHO implies that RTEMS libraries are not covered i.e. they are GPL'ed),
but I still would consider this to be a derivative of the eCos license
Well, they could hardly distribute RTEMS under the eCos License could
Sorry to disappoint :), but this type of exception text was taken from
GCC, not us, e.g.:
They've modified it in a similar way to us, that's all.
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts
--["No sense being pessimistic, it wouldn't work anyway"]-- Opinions==mine