This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Way forward with FSF
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew dot lunn at ascom dot ch>
- To: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at ecoscentric dot com>
- Cc: eCos Maintainers <ecos-maintainers at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:36:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: Way forward with FSF
- References: <3FA148B9.3000608@eCosCentric.com>
> The idea is that instead of assigning to RH, contributors could assign
> direct to individual maintainers. When the FSF is sorted out, the
> individual maintainer(s) will assign everything at that point to the FSF.
> Another possibility is to assign to eCosCentric, and eCosCentric would
> make a public commitment to assign to the FSF immediately once everything
> is going. That might be easier logistically, but I can understand it if
> others here are hesitant about this. But the public commitment may address
When you say "...assign direct to individual maintainers", do you mean
one named person, or the maintainers as a whole? Could eCosCentric
handle the paperwork, but the assignments be to the maintainers as a
whole? That gives a degree of separation from eCosCentric which might
make some people happier.