This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Red eCos: Going, Going, Gone
- From: Alex Schuilenburg <alexs at ecoscentric dot com>
- To: Andrew Lunn <andrew dot lunn at ascom dot ch>
- Cc: Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc dot com>,eCos Maintainers <ecos-maintainers at ecos dot sourceware dot org>,DCN <dcn at ecoscentric dot com>, Jonathan Larmour <jifl at jifvik dot org>,Nick Garnett <nickg at calivar dot com>
- Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 16:18:59 +0000
- Subject: Re: Red eCos: Going, Going, Gone
- Organization: eCosCentric Limited
- References: <402E9034.firstname.lastname@example.org> <402EA74F.email@example.com> <4030BD38.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1077025031.17692.19.camel@hermes> <email@example.com> <1078084622.13845.0.camel@hermes> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20040301154034.GN17279@biferten.ma.tech.ascom.ch>
Andrew Lunn wrote:
I presume you are going to submit such a letter?
Yes, just after I finish writing that other letter where another paper
quoted Gary Thomas as one of the three founding members (there were 9)
of eCosCentric, he left eCosCentric in 2002 because we were supposedly
in "financial difficulties" (a neat trick given we were not even trading
at that time), attributing the renaming name of eCos to Gary, and
describing arbitrary former eCos developers as "the original eCos team".
Oh, and Gary still works for Mind - apparently :-)
I won't point you to the article publically as I don't want to give the
article any creditability in this public archive. Gary will probably
guess the paper as they obviously interviewed and misquoted him and will
probably contact him again once I send off that email to confirm my
corrections - in writing.
What I really do not understand is how reporters can get things so wrong
Stating the blindingly obvious:
"Don't believe what you read in the papers"