[Fwd: Re: HEAD update blocked]

I recommend not committing any new patches for the moment. Even without potential corruption of the particular commit, it may be reverted if there's a restore from backup. I'll try to remember to notify folks once things are back to normal.

--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 11:20:19PM -0600, law@redhat.com wrote:

> I'd recommend bringing the machine down and forcing an fsck of all the
> relevant filesystems.  Unfortunately, I'm 1500 miles away and don't
> trust myself to set that up and deal with any potential consequences
> remotely.

A failing disk is a big risk particularly the CVS repository disk.
I would not be opposed to turning off all CVS access until some
capable RH person can look at it personally tomorrow morning.

Opinions?

Does anyone know for certain that such a knowledgable person
can be found?

Jason