This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: some problem in the installation
- From: Bart Veer <bartv at ecoscentric dot com>
- To: ashutoshvyas at tataelxsi dot co dot in
- Cc: ecos-maintainers at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:46:54 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: some problem in the installation
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Ashutosh" == Ashutosh <email@example.com> writes:
Ashutosh> Hi, I am facing problem in building the toolchain. While
Ashutosh> configuring the GNU binary utilities I get this error on
Ashutosh> bash prompt ** The command `cc - o conftest -g
Ashutosh> conftest.c failed **** Set the enviornment variable cc
Ashutosh> to a working complier If any body know about this plz
Ashutosh> help me thanks
Questions like these should normally go to the ecos-discuss mailing
list, not ecos-maintainers.
Assuming you are using cygwin, you need to install some additional
cygwin packages as per http://ecos.sourceware.org/cygwin.html
In particular note the following from that page:
"it is essential to install the following packages: gcc, make,
sharutils, tcltk, wget"
The error message suggests that you do not have a suitable cygwin
native compiler, i.e. you have not installed the gcc package.
Bart Veer eCos Configuration Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts