This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: FSF & copyright status
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at jifvik dot org>
- To: Alex Schuilenburg <alexs at ecoscentric dot com>
- Cc: Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc dot com>, eCos Maintainers <ecos-maintainers at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 18:01:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: FSF & copyright status
- References: <1088613920.6277.190.camel@hermes> <40E3CB95.email@example.com>
Alex Schuilenburg wrote:
Gary Thomas wrote:
Dynamic IP Address See:
Any new status on this? Is it ever going to happen?
From status updates by Red Hat it looks like it is going to happen, we
just don't know when. The last exchange in mid-May with Red Hat legal
on this topic said "... we are now there... the next few weeks."
Naturally, the guys here and eCosCentric are ready on our side with all
the assignments and contributions of the code we hold copyright to (and
have been for quite a while), so when Red Hat do move we can switch to
the FSF fairly quickly.
Well, to be more accurate, that may depend a little on the responsiveness
of the FSF which cannot be taken for granted!
--[ "You can complain because roses have thorns, or you ]--
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine