Re: Writing BSP for PowerPC 750

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 18:20, Tran, Linh Q wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to port eCos to a board using PowerPC 750 process (it is the
> DMV-179 board from DY4).  Does anybody know which current eCos HAL platform
> would make a good baseline to start the porting process?
> Appreciate your help.
>
> Alex Tran
> F/A-18 SHARP SWDTT
> 41K200D
> (760) 939-4468
tranlq@navair.navy.mil

Firstly, this question would have been better asked on eCos discuss.
This [the maintainers] list is not really for technical questions.

That said, the proper HAL variant would be the PPC60x.  Your platform
would be a target that uses this variant.  Since the 750 has no builtin
I/O (as most of the other PPC platforms do), you'll have some work to
port various I/O drivers (serial, interrupts, ethernet, ...)  We don't
really have a similar PPC platform to give as an example.

This may be a non-trivial task (I don't know much about your board), but
you may want to consider [professional] help.  The online documentation
can guide you, but it's still going to be an effort.

Support/consultation is available from
  MLB Associates (me) - info@mlbassoc.com
  eCosCentric         - info@ecoscentric.com

--