This is the mail archive of the mailing list for the eCos project.

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: FSF license?

Andrew Lunn wrote:
On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 06:04:36PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

Gary Thomas wrote:

Any news on this? Any hopes that it will *ever* happen?

We've been in a holding pattern for nearly a year...

I was thinking about this just last night. I propose that when it hits one year in, ooo, 6 weeks, we send RH legal a warning that if it isn't resolved ASAP we will issue a Press Release expressing our dissatisfaction/disappointment etc. with Red Hat for breaking their promise.

And if they don't respond, indeed issue a Press Release, and send it to lwn, slashdot, etc.etc. Perhaps even have it at the front of the ecos web site.

It's time to force the issue. If we wait till Jan 13th the PR will be able to be written for better effect.

How about sending the warning two weeks before the year is up letting
them know that on the anniversary the press release will be published.
I think its important to put a date to the threat so they at least
know when they have to do something by. A straight year seems better
than 1 year plus a couple of weeks.

Suits me fine too.

eCosCentric    The eCos and RedBoot experts
--["No sense being pessimistic, it wouldn't work anyway"]-- Opinions==mine

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]