From: Jonathan Larmour [mailto:jifl@eCosCentric.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 12:51 PM
To: Balasubramaniam, Harish
Cc: ecos-maintainers@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Ecos port to RVDS + new board port

Balasubramaniam, Harish wrote:
> Hi Ecos Owners,
>
>  We have successfully ported Ecos source to use Arm compiler (instead
of
> gcc).

That sounds very interesting indeed. Lots of people have asked about
that,
and we've usually considered it too difficult. How did you deal with
constructor priority ordering? It'll certainly be an interesting set of
changes!

>  We have also created a new HAL port for one of our upcoming chips
> (tested in both gcc & armcc).

Great.

>  We would like to know how to contribute these extensions to public
> domain.

We've got a write-up here, and it's probably not worth me repeating it
all:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/patches.html

But we should probably talk in more detail about the copyright
assignment... we've talked to people in Intel before who have had some
difficulty in persuading the Intel legal department to assign copyright.

I'd be interested to know if you have any perspective on this. There may
be
other routes we can take to handle this which we don't normally take
though, but we could make an exemption for a well-known reputable
company
like Intel.

eCosCentric    http://www.eCosCentric.com/    The eCos and RedBoot
experts
--["No sense being pessimistic, it wouldn't work anyway"]--
Opinions==mine