This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: FWD: ioctl h8300 specific problem fix
- From: Nick Garnett <nickg at ecoscentric dot com>
- To: Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>,eCos Maintainers <ecos-maintainers at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: 31 Jan 2005 09:57:08 +0000
- Subject: Re: FWD: ioctl h8300 specific problem fix
- References: <20050130224621.GS23679@lunn.ch><1107134690.12134.267.camel@hermes>
Gary Thomas <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 23:46 +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > Hi Folks
> > Any suggests as to what we should do this with patch for ioctl. I
> > don't like target specific #define in a generic file like this. We
> > could just make varargs the standard solution.
> I think so - having platform/architecture code is not acceptable.
Agreed. I don't now recall why the H8300 has problems with this, but
if the change will work for all platforms, then it should be made.
Nick Garnett eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com The eCos and RedBoot experts
Besuchen Sie uns vom 22.-24.02.05 auf der Embedded World 2005, Stand 11-124
Visit us at Embedded World 2005, NÃrnberg, Germany, 22-24 Feb, Stand 11-124