This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
RE: Arcom GPL violation?
- From: "CLUGSTON" <Steven dot Clugston at newcastle dot ac dot uk>
- To: "Gary Thomas" <gary at mlbassoc dot com>, "CLUGSTON" <Steven dot Clugston at newcastle dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: "eCos Maintainers" <ecos-maintainers at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:13:41 -0000
- Subject: RE: Arcom GPL violation?
Thanks for the clarification.
>Note: you should have also received the full sources to their
>if they distributed that as part of the product.
I believe they want another £100/$180 for the Linux stuff as well. I was prepared to buy the Redboot CD if it was their final word, but that was when I thought it was included in the Linux distribution as well but it isn't. I am waiting for clarification from someone from their sale team regarding whether the RedBoot stuff is also on their Linux development CD, but the girl I spoke to thought that wasn't the case. That would mean they are charging separately for a Redboot and Linux pair which brings the 'open' source cost upto about 2/3 of the VIPER board cost.