posting requests for help

Hello,

  where i work eCos is used.
  there is now nobody left from the original people who chose this OS.
  we may not subscribe to mailing lists.
  i read the faq on sending to the list without subscribing, but could
not understand it at all.
  i only want to ask a question, why do you make it so difficult.
  not everybody is a ecos or linux genius.

  the question, in case you feel like posting it for me is

ASSERT FAIL: <19>serial.c[1128]serial_data_xmt_req() Attempting new
block transfer while another is running
ASSERT FAIL: <19>serial.c            [1128] serial_data_xmt_req()
Attempting new block transfer while another is running

  this happens when enabling rts/cts handshaking.

  I have tried looking at the source for serial.c, but i cannot
comprehend it.
  It seems extremly complex for a serial driver.

  Any comment will be appreciated.

Regards,

David Somerton
Research & Development