Re: very old getaddrinfo manpage

Jeff wrote:
A google search for "getaddrinfo example" showed
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-2.0/ref/net-common-tcpip-manpages-getaddrinfo.html
as the 4th item. In it the manpage is dated 1995 and claims that
getaddrinfo is not thread-safe.

Actually it claims the implementation is not thread-safe, which is a bit different. If someone thinks they're using the same implementation as a random search result page, then that isn't good.

I'm not familiar with Ecos in any way,
shape, or form, but I'm curious: Are you really using such an old
library? If not, the prevalence of this page in google is a real
disservice to unsuspecting newcomers of socket programming and could use
a bit of updating.

We can't help what google archives. Those are the docs associated with the eCos 2.0 release, and so will not be changing. Although as it happens this line is still in the docs, and the current getaddrinfo() is thread-safe, so I will remove it.

Company legal info, address and number:   http://www.ecoscentric.com/legal