This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: J?rgen Lambrecht <J dot Lambrecht at televic dot com>
- Cc: ecos-maintainers at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:57:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: AT91
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 01:50:40PM +0200, J?rgen Lambrecht wrote:
> We work with AT91 ARM chips. I can help there.
> OK, now I have a clear deadline to commit a (nearly ;-) bugfree at91
> EMAC ethernet driver.
Help with AT91 platforms would be great. I have AT91SAM7X-EK and
AT91SAM7S-EK boards. What i don't have is any boards with external
memory interfaces. Without that, using the FreeBSD stack is
impossible, which is why you have found all these EMAC issues. So if
you can test on bigger AT91 systems that would be great.
Also, please don't leave you patch to the last minute. We need to work
on a clean way to handle the copy from SDRAM into SRAM for your
platform without imposing it on other AT91 devices which don't need
it. This might take a couple of iterations to get right.