Re: Building RedBoot for SH3 targets with new toolchain

> Taking all these things into account, plus the desire to avoid further
> delays to the eCos 3.0 release, I think it preferable to stick with the
> stock mpfr and gmp DLLs for the Cygwin-hosted toolchains. We must
> document the need to install the relevant Cygwin packages though, and
> add an entry to the FAQ.

Would it be possible to detect at build time if these DLLs are
installed? But a custom build rule with the highest priority in infra,
or HAL which will test if this files exist and stop and print an
useful error message if they are not installed?

The way cygwin is silently failing is not nice...

       Andrew