This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Bug: KSZ8001.c
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew dot lunn at ascom dot ch>
- To: ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ ÐÐÑÑÑÐÐ <marusov at rambler dot ru>
- Cc: ecos-maintainers at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 16:49:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: Bug: KSZ8001.c
- References: <49D61C26.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 06:24:38PM +0400, ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ ÐÐÑÑÑÐÐ wrote:
> I think there is a bug in "Ethernet transceiver (PHY) support for Micrel
> KSZ8001" module.
> File KSZ8001.c
> Line 160: _eth_phy_dev("Micrel KSZ8001", 0x00221613, ksz8001_stat)
> This causes an error at Embedded Artists 2469 platform
> "Unsupported PHY device - id: ffffffff"
> Documentation from Micrel for KSZ8001L/S says that device ID must be
> Cure is
> Line 160: _eth_phy_dev("Micrel KSZ8001", 0x0022161A, ksz8001_stat)
> So, it works!
> Thank you for great job!
Is this a bug? Or is it simply that Micrel have brought out a new
version of the KSZ8001, the KSZ8001L/S which has a different ID?
Maybe correct fix is to add a new line:
_eth_phy_dev("Micrel KSZ8001L/2", 0x0022161A, ksz8001_stat);
Reading the data sheets for all the different KSZ8001 would tell you