Re: Getting Atmel AT91SAM9 into eCos

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 09:53:28AM -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 02/23/2010 03:01 AM, Evgeniy Dushistov wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 09:26:15AM +0000, John Dallaway wrote:
> >> Hi Daniel, Evgeniy and eCos maintainers

> >> [ snip ]

> >> I am not an expert on ARM7/ARM9 differences but there are several eCos
> >> maintainers who have experience with multiple ARM variants and are well
> >> positioned to review the AT91SAM9 patch. I do not think motivation
> >> should be an issue here. We all wish to see eCos move forward and
> >> AT91SAM9 support is clearly very good for the project.
> >>
> >> My main concern is that we don't break eCos support for older ARM
> >> platforms in the process of improving the hardware abstraction for
> >> future platform ports.
> >>

> > Actually, I and Filip Navara implemented AT91SAM7X and at91sam9263
> > support for qemu, one of the most recent version can be found here:
> > git://github.com/Dushistov/qemu_at91sam9263.git
> > It can run linux, freertos, ecos.
> >
> > So if there is interest, I can create binaries of qemu for linux OS,
> > so maintainers who have sam7 hardware, but have no sam9, or
> > vice versa, or completly have no development boards can run
> > and test eCos.
>
> How do you configure Qemu to run eCos on these platforms?

Get sources of qemu from git url above, then
./configure --target-list="arm-softmmu arm-linux-user armeb-linux-user"
&& make

To run eCos on at91sam9263, you need something like
./arm-softmmu/qemu-system-arm  -serial tcp::4445,server -M at91sam9263ek
-pflash ../pflash-redboot.img &
#to get access to dbgu port
telnet localhost 4445

pflash-redboot.img is image 8M nor flash, it can be created by:
qemu-img create pflash-redboot.img 8M
dd if=redboot.bin of=pflash-redboot.img ...

For at91sam7x things little simplier, you need something like:
./arm-softmmu/qemu-system-arm  -serial tcp::4445,server -M at91pes
-kernel <name>.elf

you can run qemu with "-s -S" and connect to it using arm-eabi-gdb to
port 1234.

--
/Evgeniy