Re: Commercial postings on ecos-discuss etc

Hi Alex

Alex Schuilenburg wrote:

> I am made unclear about the policy of the maintainers to commercial
> postings to eCos discuss due to the posting yesterday by John Dallaway
> where I believe he is using his maintainer position to post or gather
> information of a commercial nature for his company's benefit.

Perhaps I should have been clearer about my plans for this survey! My
research arises from some blue sky thinking about how open source
communities select and use embedded development tools. Assuming
sufficient participation in the survey, I'm intending to write an
article on this topic. FYI, I have requested the support of the eCos,
FreeRTOS and RTEMS communities in the research. I have received a good
response from all 3 communities so far.

I hope this helps to allay your concerns...

John Dallaway