Re: Bugzilla 3.4.6 and Mercurial 1.5 updates

Alex Schuilenburg wrote:

Hi

bugs.ecos.sourceware.org has now been updated to bugzilla 3.4.6 and
mercurial has been updated on hg-pub.ecoscentric.com to version 1.5

I have done basic sanity checking and all appears fine. If you or anyone else encounter any problems with either, please let me know as usual.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for this announce and HG eCos "mirror" on hg-pub. HG 1.5? Cool! Even on my recent Ubuntu I have installed Mercurial 1.3.1. I can confirm that I have no problem with new version (checked).

BTW, should the DRCS discussion rear its head anytime soon, this is a useful website for those new to DRCS and Mercurial:
http://hginit.com/index.html

And I would suggest to start from official Mercurial Home at once, more that Joel in his "cartoon" presentation suggests the same on the last page.

More short intro (no pictures)
http://mercurial.selenic.com/guide/

Working practices
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/WorkingPractices

Nostalgia
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/CvsLikePractice

And Bible. Mercurial: The Definitive Guide
http://hgbook.red-bean.com/

I found no words about Mercurial Queues (MQ) in Joel's intro :-( The MQ is DRCS style to manage the series of patches (and we manage the patches in the most). It is pity that hgqinit.com is a free domain :-) Fortunately, 'Mercurial: The Definitive Guide' graceful covers this topic (Chapters 12 and 13).

Of course, practice to clone is useful in some cases, but, I listen how Git geeks will say: Git's branching are no-disk-waste operations, and HG clones? Hm... Fortunately, I knew the very effective HG's no-disk-waste operation, those are `hg q*'.

Have a single central repository under HG, setup the DRCSed "repository" for a queue of the patches: `hg qinit' and then manage MQs (=patches) `hg qnew': do hundreds of HG `hg qrefresh', `hg qcommit' (that is your pain, your mistakes, your experimental stuff, if you want nobody see that ever) and then in one day type `hg qfinish' to apply excellent patch to the central repository.

End of MQ (hg qinit) propaganda.

Sergei