From: John Dallaway [mailto:john@dallaway.org.uk]
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 9:02 AM
To: Choi, David
Cc: Li, Charles; eCos Maintainers
Subject: Re: boot loader

Hi David

Choi, David wrote:

> Under eCos, I make a network device driver for ks8851 MLL from Micrel
> Inc.
>
> I want to put my driver in eCos source tree.
>
> Could you tell me the procedure to put my driver in eCos so that
> everybody can use it?

Firstly, thank you for your interest in contributing to the eCos
project.

The basic procedure for contributing code is described at:

  http://ecos.sourceware.org/contrib.html

Note that all contributions are subject to review and that everyone who
has contributed to the device driver will need to assign copyright to
the Free Software Foundation.

I recommend that you start the process of copyright assignment as soon
as possible as it can take some time to complete. Ref:

  http://ecos.sourceware.org/assign.html

When your driver is ready for review, please create a new Bugzilla
report at http://bugs.ecos.sourceware.org and attach your source code to
the Bugzilla report.

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer