eCos port for Atmel AT91SAM9G45 and similar processors

Dear eCos Maintainers,

over the last weeks I tried to enter all Softing patches of the eCos O/S to the
Bugzilla, which might be of general interest. This work is now complete.

As you know, the Atmel AT91SAM9G45 Port was begun by Richad Rauch over two years ago,
Softing and I added other cool features over the last year too. Actually I expected
Richard to contribute this Port by end of last year, but unfortunately he has lost
the interest in that matter. Therefore I decided not to wait any longer.

So this is the list of essential Bugzilla Patches which make up our eCos Port:

Bug   20804: Misbehavior of printf %e/%g format
Bug 1001629: bsd stack uses wrong timeout values if hz != 100
Bug 1001633: DHCP Client may hang
Bug 1001634: A code review of dlmalloc.cxx revealed several weaknesses
Bug 1001635: wrong results from Cyg_StdioStream::read
Bug 1001637: fcntl() fails to handle F_GETFL, F_SETFL
Bug 1001639: Problems with i2c.cxx
Bug 1001641: Erase function in flashiodev.c and flashiodevlegacy.c handle "err_address" differently
Bug 1001645: Recursive Posix Mutexes
Bug 1001648: flash_init() behaves differently if CYGHWR_IO_FLASH_DEVICE==1
Bug 1001649: AT91 hal extension
Bug 1001654: diag_printf truncates the values in %llu and %llx formats
Bug 1001655: eth_drv_send stack_corruption with CYGFUN_LWIP_MODE_SIMPLE
Bug 1001656: FreeBSD: add AF_PACKET socket family
Bug 1001657: httpd server should parse request header lines

It might help to understand what is the application for this patches,
especially the new transacted PHY interface and the Packet sockets.

Think of PTPv2: Here we have to exchange very complex data over SMI
with the PHY, and the PTP packets may be in raw ethernet format.
That is what finally led to these enhancements.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind Regards

Bernd Edlinger
R & D

Softing Industrial Automation GmbH
Richard-Reitzner-Allee 6
D-85540 Haar

E-Mail: bernd.edlinger@softing.com
Internet: http://www.softing.com
Softing Industrial Automation GmbH;
Sitz: Haar bei München, Amtsgericht München, HRB 184925
Geschäftsführer: Achim Liebl, Dr. Wolfgang Trier