Re: Porting mbedtls (former PolarSSL) to eCos

On 16/01/16 11:35, Ilija Kocho wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am porting mbedtls (former PolarSSL) Ref: https://tls.mbed.org/
> security stack to eCos. It is now licensed under Apache 2.0 that allows
> linking with proprietary code.
>
> I would like to put patches on Bugzilla for review and discussion but
> I'm little bit worried about regulations regarding encryption products.
> How do I proceed?

Unfortunately Apache 2.0 is not compatible with the GPLv2 we use:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#apache2

If you can overcome that somehow, then on the encryption side, first you must
check the encryption export laws of your own country. Then the encryption
export laws for the server hosting the patches, in this case the UK. I haven't
found any good information to indicate whether it definitely does or
definitely does not have any export control, sorry.