This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
RE: Request for comments - Redboot load command writing directly to flash
- From: Øyvind Harboe <oyvind dot harboe at zylin dot com>
- To: <ecos-patches at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:51:34 +0200
- Subject: RE: Request for comments - Redboot load command writing directly to flash
Some more feedback:
- The GDB interface does not support writing applications
to flash before debugging them. I suppose this issue
is bound to open up the question as to what to do with
breakpoints in flash. Does this entail more than writing
a flash routine which disables all interrupts, saves of a
sector, erases, restores sector w/breakpoint instruction?
This project is getting a bit out of hand, but it is nice
to have all suggestions on the table, even if we decide
to leave some of them out(at least for now).