This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: dhcp_prot.c: some fixes
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew dot lunn at ascom dot ch>
- To: Motoya Kurotsu <kurotsu at allied-telesis dot co dot jp>
- Cc: ecos-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:30:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: dhcp_prot.c: some fixes
- References: <20030729113818.A5818@white.office1>
On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 11:38:18AM +0900, Motoya Kurotsu wrote:
> Hi all;
> The attachment fixes the following problems.
> 1) When dhcp is reinitialized by calling init_all_network_interfaces()
> (from management thread), or retried due to the failute at the
> previous trial, the lease is left the previous state. It causes
> unexpected problems. For example, if the previous do_dhcp exits
> with the lease as DHCP_LEASE_T1, *pstate changes into
> DHCPSTATE_RENEWING from DHCPSTATE_INIT immediately before
> the switch sentence in the next do_dhcp().
> 2) If the state falls into DHCPSTATE_NOTBOUND, do_dhcp_down_net() is
> not called from dhcp_halt() because ethX_up is false at the time.
Thanks. I have applied this patch.