This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: RealTek 8139 driver, first revision
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew dot lunn at ascom dot ch>
- To: Eric Doenges <Eric dot Doenges at dynapel dot de>
- Cc: eCos Patches List <ecos-patches at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:24:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: RealTek 8139 driver, first revision
- References: <3F2A5864.3050500@DynaPel.de>
On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 02:09:08PM +0200, Eric Doenges wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've revised my RealTek 8139 driver based on the initial feedback
> I've gotten so far. The major changes:
> 1. Added support for programing the multicast acceptance filters.
> However, since there seems to be no test program to test
> multicasting (and I don't really feel competent to write one,
> since I've never used multicasting before), I couldn't test if
> it actually works.
IPv6 uses multicast for its address resolution protocols. You could
try bringing up a small IPv6 network.