This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: EB40 flash driver
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew dot lunn at ascom dot ch>
- To: Thomas Koeller <thomas at koeller dot dyndns dot org>
- Cc: ecos-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:13:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: EB40 flash driver
- References: <20030731103044.7EFCE120001@sarkovy.koeller.dyndns.org>
On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 12:22:52PM +0200, Thomas Koeller wrote:
> the ecos repository contains two drivers for the Atmel AT29LV1024 flash
> chip: 'at91' and 'at29cxxxx'. The 'at91' is only used by the 'eb40' target and
> has some deficiencies, such as not using '.2ram' sections. The included
> patch changes the 'eb40' target to use the newer 'at29cxxxx' driver. After
> applying it, the 'at91' flash driver can be removed.
I've applied this patch with a few minor changes:
1) There were two references to eb40a which you missed to change to eb40.
2) I added ChangeLog entries for ecos.db and the HAL *.ecm files
3) I've not removed the old driver from the tree. Maybe somebody relies on
its broken behavior.
I don't have this hardware, so all i've been able to do it check it
Thanks for the patch