This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: RFC - JFFS2 and memory usage
- From: Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc dot com>
- To: Øyvind Harboe <oyvind dot harboe at zylin dot com>
- Cc: 'eCos patches' <ecos-patches at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: 06 Aug 2003 06:15:23 -0600
- Subject: Re: RFC - JFFS2 and memory usage
- Organization: MLB Associates
- References: <000801c35be4$8223a0f0$73dea8c0@lair>
On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 00:32, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> I've removed compression from JFFS2 in order to reduce
> memory usage(ca. 100k ram).
> It seems to me that this might be useful to others as well.
> The patch isn't done yet:
> - I've only done cursory testing
> - Whats the best form of these changes, in order for David Woodhouse
> (maintainer of JFFS2) to accept and support them?
First of all, you have a lot of "white space" changes. These
clutter the patches and make it difficult to find the real
changes. You should try to be more careful about that.
The second thing is that the CDL for CYGPKG_FS_JFFS2_COMPRESS should
define JFFS2_COMPRESS so it can be used like this:
This is the more common way that configuration is used in this package.
You should also send your proposal, first as just a query/suggestion,
to the actual JFFS2 maintainters at:
email@example.com // David Woodhouse
firstname.lastname@example.org // JFFS2 & MTD mailing list
Gary Thomas <email@example.com>